Travel, learn and create! There is no better way to learn how to create beautiful and engaging photos than practicing in the field. And what better place to do it, than in the gorgeous valley of Mont Blanc.
Registrations are open!
This will be a 5 day photography adventure to one of the most beautiful parts of Europe. Chamonix-Mont-Blanc (usually shortened to Chamonix) is a resort area near the junction of France, Switzerland and Italy. At the base of Mont Blanc, the highest summit in the Alps. Year-round, cable cars take visitors up to several nearby peaks with panoramic views, including Aiguille du Midi above town, and Pointe Helbronner, across vast glacier fields on the Italian border.
On this photography adventure you will:
- Experience firsthand the process of finding and creating a great photo
- Learn how to create great photos by using helpful compositional tips
- Learn how to use the available light to create engaging and beautiful images
- Train your eye to spot photographic opportunities
- Practice and develop your unique photographic vision
I will give personalised advice and feedback to all attendants and will help you go back home with some amazing photos!
Dates: 14 to 18 August 2019
PRICE: 800 Euro (price includes only the photography tuition during the trip). Please contact me for more info.
August 13: Arrival in Chamonix. We will meet in the late afternoon to discuss our next few days together and get to know each other.
August 14 to August 18: Visiting various photography locations around Chamonix and the nearby villages. The exact timeline we will discuss on spot getting into account the weather forecast.
August 19: Departure from Chamonix.
We will be visiting various locations around Chamonix, here are some of them:
- We will visit and photograph the absolutely amazing Aiguille du Midi (3842m). The top is very easily accessible with lifts and the view towards the Mont Blanc massive is simply breath taking.
- We will hike to the gorgeous high mountain lake – Lac Blanc (2352m) (Depending on the weather and general condition of the attendees). Set in the heart of the Aiguilles Rouges, this beautiful lake (which is often snow covered) offers an extraordinary vantage point over the Chamonix Aiguilles, Les Drus and Aiguille Verte.
- We will journey to the foot of Mont Blanc with the famous Tramway du Mont Blanc and visit Nid d’Aigle (The Eagle’s Nest) and the Bionnassay Glacier at 2,372m
- We will visit the biggest glaciers in France. Mer de Glace (Sea of Ice) is 7km long and 200m deep and is one of the biggest attractions in the Chamonix Valley. Easily accessible with a train from Chamonix. We will photograph there some of the most prestigious peaks in Chamonix: Les Drus (3754m), Les Grands Jorasses (4205m) and the Aiguille du Grepon (3482m).
EXPERIENCE | DIFFICULTY
Beginner, amateur, enthusiast and semi-professional photographers (non photographers are also welcome). We will be hiking for a few hours each day (easy hikes), so you should be able to keep up. Most of the hikes are lift assisted, so nothing too strenuous or dangerous will be done.
All types of cameras
Travel by plane, train or car
Lots of walking
Closest Arrival & Departure Airport: Geneva, Switzerland (about 100km from Chamonix). Lots of transfer options to Chamonix. Please contact me for more info.
August is hot and sunny, but rains and summer storms are not unusual. Temperature can vary from ± 28 Celsius in the village to about 5 – 6 Celsius in the mountain (even lower). Good walking shoes and warm clothes should be packed as well!